Learn more. Chat with us now by clicking on the tab at the bottom right.
Be the first to combine Big Data Analytics with in your Contact Center. You get competitive insights from using the Right data and a prediction model to help optimize customer care environments.
Big Data Analytics combined with Contact Center Service
A McKinsey study on Building a Data Driven Strategy show that to “…fully exploit data and analytics requires 3 mutually supportive capabilities..”–right data, advanced analytics capabilities and determination to transform the organization.
By engaging our multi-channel (voice, chat, SMS) contact center with over 10 years of experience servicing US, Asian and Australian businesses, you leverage on our vast expertise of managing and engaging with your customer.
By tapping on our skills in business analytics, data center management and Big Data analytics, we can harness the ‘dark data’ from such customer interactions and provide your company with heretofore untapped customer insights.
As an option, we can create predictive models based on mashing your internal data with external data to provide you with a powerful and compelling competitive advantage… or to just optimize business outcomes.
All these for a very reasonable package price. Minimum term is 6 months and at least 5 agents. To learn more, talk to our 24×7 online chat operators by clicking at the bottom right corner of our page.
IBM just used Watson to analyze a person’s writing style to determine their personality. Their online demonstration page is https://watson-pi-demo.mybluemix.net/
The science behind this is based on the fact that “the frequency with which we use certain categories of words can provide clues to personality, thinking style, social connections, and emotional stress. Several researchers found that variations in word usage in writings such as blogs, essays, and tweets can predict aspects of personality (Fast & Funder, 2008; Gill et al., 2009; Golbeck et al., 2011; Hirsh & Peterson, 2009; and Yarkoni, 2010).”
With the analysis provided, companies can theoretically gain a further insight into potential candidates’ personalities and decide whether they are a fit for the company.
People usually think that companies outsource some of their functions to save on money. While this has been true in the early days of outsourcing where companies enjoyed the savings from properly implemented plans, they have also realised some additional benefits from outsourcing. Generally, when either one or more of the following occurs, it is best you consider Outsourcing as a viable option:
- Vacant positions are open for a long time.
Your HR is facing a dwindling pool of qualified people for the open positions. In a tight labor market, outsourcing lets your HR source from a wider pool of potential star performers. You won’t be limited to hiring from your immediate vicinity.
- Uncertainty with Market conditions.
Management would like to have a more flexible and nimble operation that is not weighed down by a high fixed headcount. Think: Peak and low seasons. It is nice if you can forecast the future growth of your operations, and maintain your staff, but what happens in a downturn? It is easy to hire, and sadly, hardest to fire/layoff people. By outsourcing your spillover work, you maintain that flexibility and are relieved of having to lay off extra workforce in low seasons.
- Quicker time to Market.
Sometimes your project/s needs that top talent and you can’t wait to train/develop your in-house talents. Outsourcing enables your company to tap on the expertise and specialization of outsourcing companies in what they do best. Your in-house talents can work beside your outsourcing provider and hopefully, your inhouse talents can absorb the best practices and accelerate their own expertise.
- Minimizing Operational Risks.
Sometimes, it just makes sense to ‘not put all your eggs in one basket’. Outsourcing enables your company to spread your manpower over geographic distances. This makes a lot of sense when the next global pandemic or catastrophe hits your main operating region.
Loway Research has appointed Futuregen to resell and support its highly popular QueueMetric Software in Asia and Pacific region. Queuemetric enables Asterisk based call centers to gain visibility into their agents’ performance.
Main benefits include:
- Service levels achieved
- Agent KPIs like: Average call handling time total talk time, number of calls taken
- Center Performance including call distribution by agent, or by queue
- Queue Distribution by hours of the day
- Live Dashboard to display real time statistics
What will QueueMetrics do for me?
- See a very detailed report of call center activity, down to each call on each queue.
- Run reports by single queues, or by user-created queue groups, both on inbound and outbound traffic.
- Listen to recorded calls.
- See activity statistics and duration by call stage, with daily, hourly (or shorter), weekly breakdowns.
- Can track calls processed on multiple queues.
- Measure business targets and conversion rates on a number of industry-standard metrics.
- Measure agent activity during the day, both on ACD and non-ACD time, with billable and non-billable work times.
- Excellent configurable security and privacy, on a queue-by-queue basis. All actions can be assigned or revoked on an user-by-user basis.
- QueueMetrics can be easily setup to support a virtual or multi-tenant call-center.
- Very detailed real time call and agent reporting, can be broken down by queue, agent group or location.
- See agent status and real-time activity.
- Remotely listen to live calls as they are handled.
- Watch agent screens remotely through a VNC client.
- Real-time wallboard mode using a video projector.
- Restricted “Visitor” mode to allow real-time access to external stakeholders, with optional live call or VNC monitoring.
- Agents can see the calls they’re handling and integrate with external CRM apps, optionally passing data gathered from IVR menus or Caller-ID.
- Set call status codes (e.g. Sale, Contact?) for all inbound and outbound traffic through the GUI
- Log-on, log-off, go on pause and set pause reason codes.
- Proven, heavy-duty industrial solutions deployed in hundreds of locations worldwide, from 5 to 500 agents – ask for references.
- Highly scalable – supports Asterisk clusters and can be installed on separate servers.
- Supports database and flat-file storage.
- Minimal or no Asterisk interaction to minimize the load on the Asterisk server.
- No need to patch or modify an existing Asterisk installation.
- Works with Asterisk’s or third-party call recording and storage components.
- Easily scriptable through its XML-RPC interface.
- Auto-configuration from standard Asterisk configuration files.
- Easy to install and upgrade using the yum package manager.
One of the continuing efforsts of singaporean call centers is to focus efforts on finding new avenues of measuring performance and improving coaching for their contact center staff. While solutions have been around for some time now, the recent enhancements are compelling.
Recent enhancements include multi channel recording (not only voice, but also desktop screens for IM and chat supports). Sentiment analyis and better User Interface for QA staff to drill down and pick out the more interesting recordings.
Sentiment analysis allows the software to flag conversations where a noticeable rise in tone and pitch is detected. These usually mark the start of an irate call. Last week, I had the opportunity to be introduced to NICE perform, next week, where such abilities were showcased in Insights 2008.
I have an opportunity to try out a competing product from autonomy called e-talk. The information for etalk on their website states:
Autonomy etalk offers call recording, analysis, and performance improvement solutions that support superior service and enable customer intelligence for call centres. The recently released Intelligent Contact Centre solutions include advanced intelligence-based functions such as Multi-channel Interaction Analysis, Real-time Agent Support and Contact Centre performance.
Singaporean call centers providing customer care or customer support services are often treated as cost centers. It is simply treated as an expense tied to marketing a product or service.
However, due to resource pressures and for the sake of “efficiency” these are typically understaffed. This creates the long queue and waiting times that one gets when you try to call them. If your customers are waiting in a queue, queues can be a detriment to any form of selling. In addition, this spoils the client’s experience and casts a shadow over the company. It is sad. But it doesn’t have to be like this.
IDEA: Treat your customer contact center as a REVENUE center!
Work with your marketing department and you will discover that they have challenges as well. They are often asked to develop new markets, new clients, find new insights by soliciting feedbacks from their clients. Isn’t this happening right now with your customer support center?
We have been in projects where call centers are paid to do outbound telemarketing. The way it works is for us to design effective call scripts and have them delivered by the most experienced (read:battle scarred, battle hardened) agents. We load a bunch of leads into our predictive dialer and let the campaign ‘rip”. These cold calls are to people that typically :
- Do not know the company. (Not yet anyway)
- Have no wish to buy anything from the company.
- Annoyed at being disturbed. We do not have their permission to engage them in a conversation.
Is it any wonder then, that even the best telemarketing campaigns have a success rate of less than 5% of all the numbers called? However, consider the calls that you are now receiving in your customer contact center. These callers typically :
- Already know about your company and your products and services.
- Already bought one or more of your products or services
- Have given you the permission to engage them in a conversation.
All that is needed here is a consistent program that helps your agents to REALLY help your clients. Put more resources to it. Reduce your queue. And once the client’s issue is resolved, they are typically more receptive to offers that will further improve their customer experience.
It is really about TIMING. Giving the up sell, revenue generating ‘suggestion’ to the client at the right time, along with a smile and a geniune concern, this little persuasion is very effective!
A case in point is the technical support section that gets clients whose laptops have been infected.
The upsell here maybe to offer an anti-virus solution to them AFTER the technical support team have shown them how to detect and remove virii from their laptop. This technical center sold more anti-virus programs than their marketing department did.
Steve Coscia, best selling author of two best selling call center books, TELE-Stress and Customer service Over the Phone has this to say:
“Your phone systems also represents your company’s culture. And what customers are experiencing when they’re going to your phone system, affects their perception of your organization.”
Think about it. I’d like to hear about how this article has helped you. Leave a comment okay?
Call Center Directory
Call Center Directory is the No. 1 online resource for information regarding call center industry
Singapore’s TODAY newspaper dated Nov 15, 2007 had an article written by Liang Dingzi that highlighted the fact that many singaporean companies’ call centers are not equipped to handle surges in traffic. A lot of callers are kept on hold, or wait a typically long period of from 10 to 15 minutes before an operator can attend to them.
Most callers would simply end up hanging the phone after waiting for a long time. In Liang Dingzi’s words “Think of it like a retail store, where customers wait in line to be served. If someone wa1ks away because he has waited too long, you ‘have lost the customer, perhaps for good.Unfortunately, this cost does not show up in the books”
Do you have an excessive amount of inbound calls that are overwhelming your current support staff? Are you hesitant to grow and/or invest in your center just to cope with these seasonal surges in demand? Are you searching for a partner that is willing to handle your spillover/extra/seasonal surge?
Futuregen has the [tag-tec]Instant Call center solution [/tag-tec] for you.
If you can divert the calls to our call center, we can handle your spillover work. We have trained and experienced customer care specialist that are depended upon by our principals to take care of their clients’
needs. Our staff have excellent Customer Relations profile (at least 90% CSR rating).
Our facilities can also load your script into our system so that our staff will answer in the same way your staff does. Plus the flexibility of our system allows our staff to adapt rather quickly. Our normal training and ramp up times varies from as short as 2 weeks to 4 weeks.